Guys is this legal for a company to do?

General Lee 01

Ok i checked my balance on my gm card.  On sept 6th i was charged for my shocks $216.  I dont have a problem with this but i thought they were not supposed to charge you till you receive your merchandise

I was told last week the fronts were not in yet (terrorist attack being the reason)

I dont have a problem being charged but is this legal?

most places dont charge till the order is shipped or charge as they start the process of packing it. some places will charge you and wait a few days before they ship. depends on who. i believe they shouldnt charge till it shipped. but thats me.

Quote from Bill89, posted on Sep. 18 2001,08:13

Ok, every time I open a topic and thier is a pic in the sig. It covers the next persons response.  So I can not read what nexus1 said because ryanbabz71 has a pic in his sig.  

what browser are you running?

ok, here is how it works in a nutshell....

when you place an order, the company puts a "hold" on the card, which does not actually take money out of your account, but does not allow you to use those funds (you are not charged interest,etc, but the company can be assurred that you cannot spend that money before they ship your merchandise).

When the item(s) ship, the company charges your card and releases the hold at the same time (but it usually takes about 24 hours for the hold to be removed by your bank).

It sounds like your shocks were shipped, but are held up for delivery because of the shipping delays in the past week, in which case, the company is fully in the right, as they shipped the item in good faith.  

However, if the company has held off shipping until their carrier is accepting shipments again, they should not have charged you yet (until it leaves their shipping dock), but the hold should still be on your card.

make sense, or was I rambling?

Archived